General Information of Tourists Visas
All foreign nationals, including children, are required to obtain a visa to enter Nepal. All visa applications are not necessarily required to submit in person. Applicants’ representatives (i.e. a family member, friend, co-worker, travel agents, etc.) can submit an application and collect passports on behalf of the applicants.
Visa Validity and Duration of Stay
The validity of the tourist visa is effective from the date shown on the visa sticker, not from the date of travel mentioned on the application form. Once the visa is issued, it stays valid for 6 months. This means the holder of the visa should enter Nepal within 6 months from the date of issue; if not, the visa will be expired.
A visa issued with Multiple Entry, however, means the length of time you have permission to remain in Nepal, which depends on the type of Tourist Visa you apply for. In short, applicant(s) on Multiple Entry Tourist Visa can travel to Nepal multiple times or stay in Nepal for up to 15 Days, 30 Days or 90 Days from the date of entry. Therefore, it is not necessary to apply for a new visa every time you travel to Nepal as long as the visa is valid for the entry.
Requirements for Visa Application
The applicant must submit the following documents:
1. A passport and photocopy with a minimum validity of 6 Months (180 Days). Your valid passport must also contain at least one blank visa page in it.
2. The visa application form can be obtained at the Embassy or can be downloaded at www.nepalembassybangkok.com, and it should be completely filled out in English. The application form is also accepted in handwriting.
3. One recent photograph: A passport size (2×2 Inches) colored photograph with white background must be glued on the right-hand side of each application.
– 15 Days Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry 900 Baht / applicant
– 30 Days Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry 1,450 Baht / applicant
– 90 Days Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry 3,600 Baht / applicant
For those who wish to apply for a Tourist Visa-on-Arrival, kindly pay the fees in US Dollar (15 Days with Multiple Entry: 25 US$, 30 Days with Multiple Entry: 40 US$, and 90 Days with Multiple Entry: 100 US$) for the grant of Tourist Visa-on-Arrival. Additionally, please ensure to carry two current photographs of yourself for the visa application form.
Visa Processing Time
Submission Time: 09:00 am. – 12:00 pm. (Monday – Friday)
Passport Collection Time: 14:30 – 16:30 pm. (Monday – Friday)
Under normal circumstances, visa applications submitted at the Embassy of Nepal in Bangkok take 1 working day to be processed.
A. Children under the age of 10 years are required to obtain the visas, but are exempted from the payment of visa fees.
B. Thai monks and nuns are also required to obtain the visas and pay the visa fees.
C .People of these countries do not get visa on arrival at the immigration entry points of Nepal: Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe, Swaziland, Cameroon, Somalia, Liberia, Ethiopia, Iraq, Palestine, Afghanistan and Syria (Effective from 01 January 2016).
For further information, please contact us in the following address::
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Visa Matters), email@example.com (For other matters)
Tel: +6623902280, +6623917240
*** Download Visa Information PDF Click here