Information about Non-Resident Nepalis
- The Act on Non-Resident Nepalis identifies two types of Non-Resident Nepalis:
- Foreigners of Nepali origin (those who were Nepali citizens but have now acquired citizenship of a foreign country; or both or either of their parents or grandparents were/was a citizen of Nepal, and
- Nepali citizens staying abroad for more than two years.
- A Non-Resident Nepali (NRN) can apply at this Embassy for NRN ID with the following supporting documents:
- Application Form
- Proof that s/he is a qualified Non-Resident Nepali
- Fees for NRN ID Card are-
- US Dollars 270 for foreigners of Nepali origin (including USD 20 as application fee), and
- US Dollars 70 for Nepali citizens staying abroad (including USD 20 as application fee).