- Visitors can apply for visa at this Embassy every working day (Monday-Friday) from 09:00 to 12:00 hours.
- Normally it takes two working days for issuance of visa.
- The current tourist visa fee rates are as follows:
- 15 days Multiple entries permit visa THB 1,000/-
- 30 days Multiple entries permit visa THB 1,650/-
- 90 days Multiple entries permit visa THB 4,150/-
- When applying for a visa at the Embassy, please submit the following:
- Online Visa Application
- Original passport with at least 6 months’ validity
- A copy of the passport
- Visa fees
- Official Note for Gratis Visa (for Diplomatic or Official passports only)
- For more information on the visa application process, please refer to the link below:
- All foreigners, except Indian nationals, need visa to visit Nepal.
Additional Documents required under current travel advisory
Certificate of full vaccination against COVID-19
Certificate with negative report of COVID-19 (RT-PCR, True NAAT, Gene Xpert) obtained within 72 hours before the departure
Visa on Arrival
For those who wish to apply for a Tourist Visa-on-Arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA), Tourist entry visa fees are as follows:
15 Days: 30 US$
30 Days: 50 US$
90 Days: 125 US$
For more information: Visa on Arrival
*People of these countries are not eligible for visa on arrival at the immigration entry points of Nepal: Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe, Swaziland, Cameroon, Somalia, Liberia, Ethiopia, Iraq, Palestine, Afghanistan, Syria, and foreigners holding temporary travel document and emergency passports. They require a reference letter from their respective embassies to apply for visa at the Embassy.
Gratis Visa (Visa for Free)
Gratis Visa is issued free of cost in case of following categories of Visa applicants:
- Children below 10 years (except US citizens)
- Up to 30 days for SAARC Citizen (except Afghanistan) visiting Nepal for the first time in a given visa year. Afghan citizens are eligible for Gratis Visa on Arrival only upon the recommendation of Department of Immigration. If you are an Afghan citizen, you can request concerned institution inviting you to Nepal for necessary paperwork with Department of Immigration to get you Gratis Visa ‘On Arrival’.
- Non-Residential Nepali (NRN) card holder (issued by MOFA /Nepali diplomatic missions abroad)
- Chinese Nationals
- Diplomatic/Official passport holders for diplomatic/official visits
Visa Exemption for holders of Diplomatic and Official or Service Passport
Nepali visa exemption facilities are available based on the reciprocal agreements between the two countries.
For the details on Visa exemption
A. Children under the age of 10 years are required to obtain the visas, but are exempted from the payment of visa fees.
B. Thai monks and nuns are also required to obtain the visas and pay the visa fees.
Important / Useful Links: