Press Release: Dashain Celebrations in Bangkok
The Dashain Festival of 2075 (2018) was celebrated in a grand manner in Bangkok. The Embassy of Nepal organized various programme to celebrate the Festival. The programmes include,
- Phulpati: A procession from the Trinath Devalaya reached the Embassy on the day of Phulpati, on 16 October. The Embassy family welcomed the procession, and made offerings following the tradition.
- Visits to Nepali Prisoners: On 18 October, Embassy officials and representatives from Thai Nepali Association and NRNA, Thailand visited the four prisons in Bangkok where Nepali inmates are housed. The groups met Nepali prisoners, enquired about their health, well-being and problems, if any, and provided financial assistance to each of the prisoners.
- Dashain Teeka and Reception: On the day of Dashain, the Embassy organized a programme in the Embassy in the evening of 19 October. H. E. Dr. Khaga Nath Adhikari offered Teeka to Nepali community in Thailand, and hosted a Dinner to celebrate A large number of persons, both Nepali and foreigners, attended the function. Mr. Madan Krishna Shrestha, the famous Nepali performer and actor, was the highlight of the programme.
- The Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), in association with the Embassy, organized Dashain Programme at the AIT on 20 October. The whole-day programmes was participated in by a large number of Nepali persons in Thailand.
- The Thai Nepali Association organized a grand Cultural Programme at a local hotel on 27 October to celebrate Dashain and Tihar of 2018. A large number persons participated in the programme. H. E. the Ambassador and other Embassy officials attended the programme as the Chief Guest and Special Guests.
Embassy of Nepal
29 October 2018